There once was a young lady with braces
Unaware she was the loveliest of faces.
She would have been vainer
Could we have afforded her retainer
It goes down as one of the world's saddest cases.

Senior Prom, Clovis CA 1989

Okay, so the orthodontist refused to take off the kids' braces until we could pay for the retainer. So they had to wear their braces a little longer than most, throughout high school including prom and graduation. Whatever. Does this girl look like she suffered much? Seems okay to the penguin.
Trip with grandparents
1988
9 comments:
Wow! Between you and the orthodontist, those braces will never go away. Does anyone have Carter and Tay Tay's email? I think they would be interested in this one.
I say who's looking at your teeth when you've got Brooke Shield's eyebrows? And as much as I know she loathed them, those braces certainly didn't seem to hurt her chances with the guys! (Not to mention flightless water fowl.) Please be nice when you get to Droolie's pictures (and I know someday you will).
I can gloatingly say that I had lunch with the beauty this very day. I know you're all jealous.
Would you call the color of that prom dress "electric blue?" Feels pretty electric. I have no doubt she slid in it.
P.S. I've heard a new version of the electric slide is back in. Can you believe it?
Okay, Mom, I thought you said I was your favorite?!? With moms like this, who needs enemies? See, these are the photos that are never supposed to be unearthed!! Thank you, Julie & Kasey, for sticking up for me (Brooke Shields comment aside), and YES I could totally do the electric slide in my electric blue prom dress! As for you, Trav, you're next, buddy, because I have some mighty fine pics of you as a scrawny little dude! (Note to self: must get scanner working.) (Secondary note to self: must hire a techno-hit-man to destroy Mom's scanner. Julie, you might want to go in on this with me!) And Mom, you do yourself no favors by dredging up my long-suppressed issues with you and your lack of payment to the orthodontist!!! For those of you who don't know- I just thought Dr. Fremming was an idiotic orthodontist for keeping those braces on for so long! Had no idea(until I was in my 30's!) why those braces stayed put! Unnecessary braces to the prom? Graduation? This is tantamount to child abuse! I'll forgive you when I'm forty! BTW, you are so going to have to wait another year for your Mother's Day tribute- especially if you want it to be nice! :)
Hey, that Brooke Shields comment was a compliment!!!
I am starting a "We hate Fremming!" Club, effective immediately.
at least the doctor didn't make a space for a tooth that never grew in and then give her a retainer with a chiclet on it in place of a tooth.
Dr. Sues has nothing on you Judy! Very very cute! Do you know where Cannons hernia was......That's from one good mother to the another.=) thanks for being such a good teacher! When I first moved into the ward you taught gospel Doctrine and I LOVED your lessons! Three weeks later I was called to be the nursery leader... Being you student was a short lived pleasure but I am so grateful to have a lady like you teaching Cannon!!!
Wowee. thats hillarious! I hope my parents decide to pay the bills for my braces (which i might have to get as early as a month from now)!
Post a Comment