There once was a boy who could be rotten.
You'd catch him in the act, he'd say, "What?" "When?"
Tough for him, though, being tall
He couldn't hide much at all.
In a jiff you could easily spot him.

Bath, England 1996
Though I find this picture oddly startling (everyone looking in to the Roman pools but one sinister-looking figure in the background) I am mindful that Timothy's was our first high school graduation; we were worried we wouldn't be able to pick him out. Foolish fear. He was sandwiched on a top riser filled with graduates of normal height. Impossible to miss, dressed as he was in blue satin and using the shoulders of the girls on either side of him as arm rests.
Same year. Less creepy.
Going through pictures. Probably just saw my reaction to the above one and is laughing at himself. Or laughing at me.

3 comments:
That's my man! Claims that he is such a wallflower, but he will never really know what it is to be a REAL wallflower because he can never blend into any crowd. And I know that he secretly likes it that way.
You know, I don't think I've ever seen the picture in Bath? Good times, noodle salad.
I love the sinister picture! He can look creepy, that boy! Must be nice to have everybody looking up to you? At any rate, I can't get over his resemblance to Ardy in the second picture. Funny, I'd never noticed it before. Ooh, he's such a cool cat. How could you not love that big lanky lug?
Post a Comment