Starting this blog is hard. It calls out for a mission statement and point of origin. I give up on the point of origin since I'm all over the place all the time. But I can smack down a mission statement:
I offer to the world brevity and a good picture. And, of course, whenever possible, a rhyme in iambic pentameter.

Sixth Grade; Folsom, California; Summer 1958
No cell, no air, no color T.V.
Dad's boots, Gramma's scarf, a fluffy underslip.
And, the best part, a mysterious boa feather.
It just showed up out of nowhere.
5 comments:
Travis till owes me a Jamba Juice because of this pic. I knew it was you!
Happy to have you in the blogging world Mom!
I'm not a fan of your blog. It's been up 5 minutes and I already owe Kathryn a Jamba Juice. Mom, for dipping into the 6th decade, you're pretty tech savvy. Can't wait to see what pops up.
Not everything needs a mission statement or a point of origin. You've been teaching English too long. Just let it flow or you'll catch yourself putting WAY too much thought into this. Unless you're worried about colleagues seeing this, in which case, stress away. They can be so critical! Stupid colleagues! (Note: I don't know any of Judy's colleagues)
Finally! I have been waiting all the live-long day for something like this. And here it is, even better than expected. Let this be a friendly admonishment, you have set the bar pretty dern high. Fluffy underslip. Feather. Military issue footwear.
Delightful.
OK, so I'm one of Judy's "colleagues." (Nice to meet you too, tniryan.) But I'm going to pass on critiquing her rime scheme, at least for now, even though it's impossible for anyone to "teach English for too long." I do want to comment on the boots and boa combo, however. Only Judy Ryan would come up with an outfit like that. NICE!
Post a Comment