There once was a daughter named Kasey
Who didn't like wearing things lacey
She made me feel like a frog
'Til I caught up on my blog.
But then it was I who first called her "Spacey."
Kasey in her Stars outfit.
1985, California
Kasey, California 2005
(20 years later)

Kasey is responsible for making me do this blog. She registers her disappointment if I fall behind.
I know I am spinning my wheels trying to catch up to her on any level, but the ride is always fun, always substantive, and always, always worth it.
So, to the list of new experiences (Stars, Oral Interp, Drama Club, stained glass, the "Dannys", Florida (I really loved going to your book club with you), "Miss Judy" and that lanky, good-looking, slow-moving southern boy, the one-woman Primary ("Will you just play the piano for me?"), well, more than can be mentioned here ...I add blogging. Something I don't think I ever would have done otherwise. And, like the others (except maybe that dreadful Drama Club up all night in my living room) I love it.
Thank you, Spacey, for yet another adventure.

9 comments:
Kasey-you're possibly, just possibly, the only of our six kids who wouldn't carbomb your mom for including that second picture-I'd do it. The Stars picture reminds me of the State Fair and your performance 100 feet away from Three Dog Night doing theirs-exxxxxxcellent.
And I was about to whine at you myself, keeping a post up forever. I am such a white personality though, I prefer to have others do the dirty work. (Can't be bothered, you know.)
I think legwarmers defined the 80's for me. Forget Reagan and geese-as-kitchen-decor and The Golden Girls. Legwarmers. Because you never know when you might need thoroughly warmed up ankles/calfs at a moment's notice. My favorite ones were baby blue with little sparkly silver threads bespangled throughout.
And I have always liked Kasey. My favorite memory of her being the time Kelly, Kasey and I were out front at your house with the neighbor and her preternaturally fat 6 month old baby girl and Kasey was extolling the beauty of said baby, impatient to tell your neighbor that her darling daughter reminded Kasey so much of Mimi's puppies. I thought her remarks rather harsh--on the puppies.
It's about time you resumed your blogging and I might add when do we start street stomping? : ) Every now and then i'll click on a commentator's blog link and one day I clicked on Casey's. I never laughed so hard and begged Jacki to read her post "Lady and the Tramp" I find a great deal of delight in your family even though I know no one except Kathryn, Travis and your teasing husband. You & Tim did good in raising eyebrows and lip corners to the point of hysterics. Thanks for your influence. : )
I think Kasey made that face full knowing that the picture would end up in some sort of public display. You can't be in a drama club and get embarrassed easily.
I LOVE the picture of Kasey in that stars outfit. What a capture taking that picture! But yes, take her advice... I want more of your blog to read!
Okat, after nagging you about the dern (ode to Paris) blog I haven't checked it in awhile. Oh, for shame!
And no, Irene, that picture was pre-blog...Didn't occur to me it would be made into a public thing.
I cannot remember ever wearing that outfit. Pretty sure you Photoshopped that one.
Very impressive pictures of Kasey! AWESOME outfit and facial expression. Your Spacey Kacey has crazy cool eyes!
Grandma! i love your blog (especialy the poetry). I am glad that you were forced into blogging like i was.
Kasey was (and still is) always one of my favorite people! I have memories of the Ryans in my past... visiting your home somewhat devoid of furniture and driving to/from a History Day competition (and dance concert). I heard stories on that road trip that Kasey didn't want even me to hear.
The Ryans will always make me smile, Becky Wilson
Post a Comment